How does CCL Work?
- CCL uses a mix of group empowerment and support which includes monthly national conference calls with a guest speaker.
- CCL trains volunteers to speak powerfully to their elected officials, the media and their local communities in order to inspire members of Congress to be leaders and spokespersons for a sustainable climate.
- CCL volunteers meet with their members of Congress, launch letter-writing campaigns, write letters to the editor and op-ed pieces, and generate editorials to promote a sustainable climate.
Methods of CCL
- Organize groups of citizens by United States Congressional Districts, of at least five Partners per group. To become a Partner one must attend a Group Start meeting or three consecutive National Conference Calls and pass a Basics Test.
- Listen to a National Conference call monthly to learn about legislation; share triumphs and difficulties; and learn and practice a laser talk.
- Build helpful, friendly relationships with elected representatives and with members of the press by providing timely, reliable information.
- Organize Education and Action meetings where CCL partners educate friends and family and offer action to be taken.
- CCL is nonpartisan
"If the political will of the people is asleep at the wheel, then the political will of government is likely to be asleep at the wheel." - Sam Daley-Harris Founder, President RESULTS