With #carboncashbacks, every American could get $250/year CASH
To show you what #carboncashbacks feel like, we’ll be giving away $250/week on our Instagram. That’s $250 of green, to support the greenest climate policy in the world.
How to enter
- Follow CCL on Instagram (@citizensclimate)
- Follow the rules as specified in the weekly contest post. In some weeks, the contest will be based on tagging friends in the Instagram contest post (1 tag = 1 contest entry). In other weeks, the contest will be based on posting the contest to your Instagram Story, tagging CCL (@citizensclimate), and adding the Story to a highlight (this action = 1 contest entry).
Make sure your Instagram account is public for the week(s) you are entered into the contest.
The weekly giveaway will be posted on Tuesdays. Each week’s giveaway will last until the following Saturday evening at 11:59pm ET, during which an entrant must either tag one or more friends in the post or share CCL’s post to their Instagram story, tag @citizensclimate in it, and save the Story to a Highlight. Your Instagram account must be public the for the week that the giveaway is active in order to win. There are 6 individual carbon cashback giveaways during the contest.
The winner will be chosen using a service that randomly selects winner, like VerifyShare. Each tag will count as one entry, so your chances of winning are relative to the number of tags you include, and the total number of tags in the contest.
Each weekly giveaway constitutes a separate contest. Entries on one weekly giveaway will not carry over to the next week’s giveaway. Only tags on the relevant weekly post, or stories from the relevant content period will be counted as official entries. Entrants may enter as many weekly giveaways as they like. However, winners who have already claimed a carbon cashback prize are ineligible to win the carbon cashback prize in another week.
The winner will be announced by CCL via Instagram story on the Monday following the contest, and will be notified via an Instagram direct message from @citizensclimate. Citizens’Climate Lobby will ask for your email address for the purposes of fulfilling the prize. All information collected to send prizes will be done by email from staff at CCL with an email address ending in @citizensclimate.org. Please do not supply any personal information solicited via Instagram direct message to any accounts soliciting private information. Winners will have seven (7) days to claim their prize, after which they will forfeit the prize.
Winners must provide a physical address, not a P.O. Box at which to redeem the prize. The cash prize will be redeemed via a check sent to your physical address or a deposit
Entries are limited to those ages 18 and over residing in the United States and Canada (residents of Quebec are excluded from entering this contest.)
This contest is sponsored by Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL), which empowers everyday people to work with their community and their members of Congress on climate change solutions. Our supporters cover the political spectrum and work in more than 400 local chapters. Together, we’re building support for a national bipartisan solution to climate change. We’re sponsoring this contest as a fun way for people to help build awareness about a serious topic – the need for climate change solutions. This contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Instagram.
Rules and Regulations
REGISTERING AS A SUPPORTER OR VOLUNTEER WITH CITIZENS’ CLIMATE LOBBY IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. REGISTERING AS A SUPPORTER OR VOLUNTEER WITH CITIZENS’ CLIMATE LOBBY DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who and who are 18 years and older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (residents of Quebec are excluded from entering this contest) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Citizens’ Climate Education or Citizens’ Climate Lobby (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Citizens’ Climate Lobby as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: The contest runs from Nov. 9th 2021 through Dec. 18th 2021.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by (1) following @citizensclimate on Instagram, and either (2) tagging another user or users on the contest post, or (3) tagging @citizensclimate in an Instagram story and saving the story as a highlight. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Citizens’ Climate Lobby. You may enter as many separate entries as you like. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple Instagram accounts or identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Citizens’ Climate Lobby.
- Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winners”) will receive a check or payment via Venmo.The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Citizens’ Climate Lobby. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s discretion. The prize is non-transferrable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Citizens’ Climate Lobby to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be notified every Monay about the giveaway that launched on the previous Tuesday, so within six (6) days of entry. Notification will be by direct message on Instagram. Citizens’ Climate Lobby shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CITIZENS’ CLIMATE LOBBY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering, you understand and agree that Citizens’ Climate Lobby, anyone acting on behalf of Citizens’ Climate Lobby, and Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Citizens’ Climate Lobby reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Citizens’ Climate Lobby may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Citizens’ Climate Lobby. Citizens’ Climate Lobby reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Citizens’ Climate Lobby has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void comments for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Citizens’ Climate Lobby reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Citizens’ Climate Lobby and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Citizens’ Climate Lobby 1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118. Requests must be received no later than December 31st, 2021 12pm Pacific Time.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Citizens’ Climate Lobby 1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118.
- Instagram: The Campaign hosted by Citizens’ Climate Lobby is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- By entering the contest, you, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.