Position Available: Digital Marketing Manager
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: US, working from home
About Citizens’ Climate: Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL)/Citizens’ Climate Education (CCE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, grassroots organization focused on national policies to address climate change. Our 190,000 supporters are organized into more than 500 chapters. CCL/CCE staff train and support volunteers to build relationships with elected officials, publish media about climate solutions, educate their communities about climate change, and build political will for national climate legislation. CCL/CCE prides itself on its unique approach to build upon shared values rather than partisan divides. CCL/CCE creates a dynamic and diverse work environment that supports the growth and development of our staff. For more information about Citizens’ Climate, visit our website at www.citizensclimatelobby.org.
Goals, Task and Responsibilities:
- You will build, plan and implement the overall digital marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to engage new and existing CCL volunteers, donors, members of Congress and their influencers.
- Areas of ownership include inbound marketing, SEO/SEM, marketing databases, email, text messaging, and paid digital advertising campaigns. It will also include some acquisition-focused organic digital platforms.
- You will manage SEO and lead implementation of organic search strategy, including keyword strategy, content creation and landing page strategy.
- Day to day management for all paid search, paid social, and display campaigns, including retargeting programs.
- You will establish metrics and targets for each campaign.
- You will monitor daily/monthly spending and make bid adjustments in order to maximize performance.
- You will test new ad copy and landing pages on an evergreen basis to improve ad performance.
- You will manage creative development – work with design & brand teams on copywriting, graphic design, and imagery to ensure digital campaigns are on brand.
- You will implement A/B testing across campaigns and landing pages in order to improve campaign performance.
- You will identify key metrics, implement tracking and reporting in Google analytics and other relevant platforms.
- You will troubleshoot and QA campaigns, build workflows, address data issues, and perform other marketing operations functions.
This is a new position on a small marketing team. You’ll need to be comfortable with strategy, planning and execution – because you’ll be involved in all of those things. There’s a list of skills that will help listed below, but above all you’ll need a deep desire to solve climate change, work well in a fluid environment, and be able to make decisions and move forward independently at times.
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing managing SEO, SEM, email and display campaigns hands on with proven success.
- Experience with ad buying strategy and managing projects within a budget.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Expert level knowledge of all relevant advertising platforms (Google,Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Strong knowledge of display, video advertising and remarketing
- A strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, salesforce, email platforms and SEO tools.
- Experience using A/B testing to optimize results.
- Proficiency with marketing budget, numbers, KPIs and using modern analytics tools to determine effectiveness and profitability
- Comfortable working in remote environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Salary and Benefits
$72,500 per year annual salary. Benefits for a full-time position include health insurance (eligibility after a 60-day wait period), dental and vision insurance, and a 401K retirement plan. Two weeks accrued vacation for all first year employees. An additional week of vacation is accrued after one year of employment with Citizens’ Climate.
Position Reports To
Lesley Beatty, Marketing Director
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit your application and resume by October 20, 2020, to gro.e1611639515tamil1611639515csnez1611639515itic@1611639515rh1611639515.
CCL/CCE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.