On the day of the UN Climate Summit, Sept. 23, 2014, Citizens’ Climate Lobby will be releasing a Global Strategy Whitepaper, and launching its effort to pull together a coalition of stakeholders, thought-leaders, businesses, nonprofits and governments, to achieve an economically efficient, value-building plan to price carbon and transition to climate-smart economic and investment policies.
- Date: Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014
- Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Location: Impact Hub NYC
- Address: 394 Broadway, New York, NY
- URL: ccl.works
September 23 is the day we start building a borderless coalition of grassroots and institutional support, a coalition of the working, to achieve the best policy for real people and for our climate future.
Agenda for the Event:
- Release Global Strategy whitepaper outlining path to effective climate solution.
- Explain CCL model for coordinated grassroots policy advising.
- Detail proposal to price carbon and build the economy.
- Conference in viewers from around the world.
- Launch effort to build borderless multi-sector coalition of support for carbon pricing solution at the Paris talks in 2015.
- Begin building connections between participants, networks of supporters.
Speakers to include:
- Dr. James Hansen, Director of Climate Science Awareness and Solutions program, Columbia University Earth Institute
- Joseph Robertson, Citizens’ Climate Lobby Global Strategy Director
- John Hansen, Citizens’ Climate Lobby Coalition Development Specialist
- Other invited guests
Join us, to not just talk about solutions, but to directly engage in making a real climate solution possible. Reserve your seat at the table, by joining this event.
- Eventbrite shortlink: ccl.works
- RSVP and share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/630240023757338/
- Shortlink for this page: poeteconomist.com/impact
- Event page on Impact Hub Network: newyork.impacthub.net/event/global-climate-strategy-launch/
Please return to this page for updates, and to reserve your spot.
A draft of this strategy was the focus of CCL’s Scalable Climate Restoration seminar at the World Bank Civil Society Forum, on April 11, 2014.
— – –
Other Events of Interest
Educational Forum: Today’s Fossil Fuels and the Future of Our Children’s Health
- Date: Friday, September 19, 2014
- Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Location: John Jay College for Criminal Justice Auditorium
- Address: L63 Main Entrance (btw 10th and 11th), 524 West 59th Street, New York, NY
- URL: http://childhealthforum.brownpapertickets.com/
A Global Climate Treaty: Why the United States Must Lead
- Date: Saturday, September 20, 2014
- Time: 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm ET
- Location: New York Society for Ethical Culture
- Address: 2 West 64th Street, at Central Park West, New York, NY
- URL: http://www.nysec.org/global-treaty-9-20-14
People’s Climate March
- Date: Sunday, September 21, 2014
- Time: 11:30 am ET
- Location: March begins just north of Columbus Circle,
- URL: no longer active
Global Online Policy Forum: Stakeholders’ Voices and our Climate Future
- Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Time: 10:00 am ET
- Location: Global video conference, webcast from Impact Hub NYC
- URL: http://ccl.buzz