Post your snowman protest photo on Instagram – win $500
Snowmen stand to lose a lot from climate change. But they don’t have a voice. Help call attention to their plight by building your own snowman protest, taking a photo, and posting it on Instagram.
How to enter
- Build a snowman (or snowwoman, or snow animal) who is protesting climate change. Make just one snowman, or asmany snowmen as you want. Your snowman can hold a sign, or not. If you live in an area with no snow, you can still participate. Your snowman can be made from melted snow or other naturally occurring materials.
- Choose your favorite photo of your #SnowmanProtest, and post it to Instagram. Be sure to use the hashtag #snowmanprotest and tag @citizensclimate. Be sure to post and tag your photo by Sunday, February 23rd at 11:59pm PT to be entered into the contest to win. We ask that PRIVATE accounts are made PUBLIC during the contest period in order to be entered. (If your account is private, we cannot see your entry). Alternatively, you can submit your entry via email:snowmanprotest@
A panel of judges will select 10 images as finalists. CCL will post each of the ten finalist photos from its Instagram account. From the 10 finalist photos, three winners will be selected – to be determined by the largest number of comments during a week long voting period.
- First prize (awarded to the finalist entry with the highest number of comments) = $500 cash prize
- Second prize (awarded to the finalist entry with the second highest number of comments) = $300 cash prize
- Third prize (awarded to the finalist entry with the third highest number of comments) = $200 cash prize
In the event of a tie in terms of number of comments on finalist images, the judging panel will choose the winner. You may vote once per entry by entering a comment. All comments from a single Instagram account on a single entry after the first comment will not be counted as a vote. CCL will alert you via direct message on Instagram if you are selected as a finalist, and if you are selected as the contest winner. If you submitted your contest photo by email, CCL will alert you by replying to the email address with which you submitted the photo to alert you if you are selected as a finalist or as the contest winner.
Winners must provide a physical address, not a P.O. Box at which to redeem the prize. The cash prizes will be gifted in the form of a prepaid Visa gift card(s).
Entries are limited to those ages 13 and over residing in the United States and Canada (residents of Quebec are excluded from entering this contest.)
This contest is sponsored by Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL), which empowers everyday people to work with their community and their members of Congress on climate change solutions. Our supporters cover the political spectrum and work in more than 400 local chapters. Together, we’re building support for a national bipartisan solution to climate change. We’re sponsoring this contest as a fun way for people to help build awareness about a serious topic – the need for climate change solutions. This contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Instagram.
Rules and Regulations
REGISTERING AS A SUPPORTER OR VOLUNTEER WITH CITIZENS’ CLIMATE LOBBY IS NOT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. REGISTERING AS A SUPPORTER OR VOLUNTEER WITH CITIZENS’ CLIMATE LOBBY DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 13 years and older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (residents of Quebec are excluded from entering this contest) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Citizens’ Climate Education or Citizens’ Climate Lobby (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Citizens’ Climate Lobby as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on [January 21, 2020 8am EST] and ending [February 23, 2020 at 11:59pm PT].
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry on Instagram using the hashtag #snowmanprotest, or be submitted via email to gro.e1585484458tamil1585484458csnez1585484458itic@1585484458tseto1585484458rpnam1585484458wons1585484458. We ask that PRIVATE accounts are made PUBLIC during the contest period in order to be entered. (If your account is private, we cannot see your entry). Alternatively, you can submit your entry via email. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Citizens’ Climate Lobby. You may enter as many separate entries as you like. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple Instagram accounts or identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winners”) will receive a Visa gift cards of the following values: first prize – $500, second prize – $300, third prize – $200. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Citizens’ Climate Lobby. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s discretion. The prize is nontransferrable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Citizens’ Climate Lobby to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification: Finalists will be notified within five (5) days following selection of Finalists and Winners will be notified within five (5) days following the close of the voting period. Notification will be by direct message on Instagram if the photo was submitted on Instagram, and by email reply to the address used to submit the photo by email. Citizens’ Climate Lobby shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CITIZENS’ CLIMATE LOBBY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering your photos, you understand and agree that Citizens’ Climate Lobby, anyone acting on behalf of Citizens’ Climate Lobby, and Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Citizens’ Climate Lobby. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Citizens’ Climate Lobby from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Citizens’ Climate Lobby may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Citizens’ Climate Lobby reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Citizens’ Climate Lobby may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Citizens’ Climate Lobby. Citizens’ Climate Lobby reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Citizens’ Climate Lobby has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void comments for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Citizens’ Climate Lobby reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Citizens’ Climate Lobby and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Citizens’ Climate Lobby 1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118. Requests must be received no later than March 1st, 2020,12pm Pacific Time.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Citizens’ Climate Lobby 1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118.
- Instagram: The Campaign hosted by Citizens’ Climate Lobby is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- By entering the contest, you, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.