Keep America Beautiful
Climate change threatens our legacy to our children.
We’ve been blessed with a powerful country, rich with natural resources. Our children deserve to inherit a land that is beautiful, not one that is burned out, blasted and depleted.
It’s time to change the energy that we use to power our economy, for a healthier, cleaner, safer America.
Our modern lives wouldn’t be possible without fossil fuels. But emissions from fossil fuels are harming our climate, our health, and our livelihoods. It’s time to transition to clean energy sources, in a way that powers America forward rather than dragging it backwards. Businesses can lead this transition and thrive. Conservatives support solutions in Congress right now that are:
- Effective – driving down America’s emissions at the level we need to address climate change
- Market-driven – business and industry will lead the way
- Job creators – stable, well-paid jobs in every district across America
Republicans in Congress – Ready to Lead With Climate Solutions
Conservative Republicans are hearing from their constituents about the impacts of climate change. They are ready to lead with conservative solutions.
I didn't come to Congress to argue with a thermometer... The science of global warming is irrefutable.Rep. Matt GaetzR-FL-1
The climate is changing, and we, collectively, have a responsibility to do something about it.Sen. John BarrassoR-WY
I'm a Republican who believes the greenhouse gas effect is real, that climate change is being affected by manmade behavior.Sen. Lindsey GrahamR-SC
There's no question that we’re experiencing climate change and that humans are a significant contributor.Sen. Mitt RomneyR-UT
I’m not afraid to talk about climate change. We’re obviously pumping more CO2 into the air, and there’s a thing called the greenhouse effect.Sen. Mike BraunR-IN
There is a growing consensus the days of ignoring this issue are over.Sen. John CornynR-TX
Meet Our Conservative Supporters
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a grassroots, nonpartisan organization. Our supporters are organized into local chapters, which reflect the character and politics of where they are located. Chapters work with their members of Congress to enact climate change solutions. Conservative CCL supporters hail from all over the country, but share conservative principals. Meet Jacob.
Introducing a climate solution with conservative principals
How it works:
- Fossil fuels are taxed at the source for every ton of CO2 they put into the air we all breathe. Energy companies can still do business. They just have to pay if they pollute the air. Because we all breathe it.
- The money collected gets split up and distributed to every American taxpayer, not to the government. You can use it to compensate for higher energy prices, or you can use it to invest in clean energy,
- With clean energy on an even playing field, the American free market gets kicked into an innovation frenzy to see who can create the cheapest, cleanest energy.
- America’s emissions go way down, which makes America cleaner and our loved ones safer and healthier.
Some pretty big hitters support the idea of putting a price on carbon, including 27 Nobel Prize Winning Economists all the living ex-federal reserve chairs, and over 3500 other economists across the country.