— What is Carbon Fee and Dividend? —
Citizens’ Climate Lobby proposes that a fee be placed on fossil fuels, based on the CO2 content of those fuels. Revenue from that fee would be returned to the public as a monthly dividend to protect households from rising costs associated with the carbon fee.
Our Next International Call
Feb. 7: Keya Chatterjee, US Climate Action Network
What other organizations are working on climate change and what are they up to? To find out, we’ll turn to Keya Chatterjee, executive director of the US Climate Action Network. Prior to joining USCAN, Keya served as Senior Director for Renewable Energy and Footprint Outreach at the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). Before that, She was a Climate Change Specialist at USAID. Keya is also the author of The Zero Footprint Baby: How to Save the Planet While Raising a Healthy Baby.
Latest Tweets from Citizens' Climate Lobby
- It takes a coalition: @keya_chatterjee from US #Climate Action Network joins CCL's next national call http://t.co/dwjRhl4uHJ
- Editorial in Minneapolis: As Midwest warms, its economy will suffer http://t.co/KveofhbRfD #climate @climaterisk
- @ComadreNC Wonderful! Email me -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- and I'll introduce you to leaders in those cities.
- Show me the money! #Climate change skeptic accused of violating disclosure rules http://t.co/SVJBrjo8er via @BostonGlobe
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby
This past month 136 CCLers from 14 groups, covering 25 congressional districts came together for the first-ever “El Nino” region’s Regional Conference in Brea, CA.January 26, 2015
Republicans are looking for an acceptable solution to climate change, and with this week’s Senate votes, carbon pricing can’t be far offJanuary 22, 2015
Rather than erecting obstacles to action, Congress should enact the market-based solution of a revenue-neutral fee on carbon where the money collected is given back to householdsJanuary 21, 2015
What Others Are Saying
- Dr. James HansenClimate scientist and former head of the NASA Goddard Institute
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens' Climate Lobby...If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Sam Daley-HarrisFounder, RESULTS, Microcredit Summit Campaign, and the Center for Citizen Empowerment and Transformation
"With all the negative news on climate and Congress it's understandable to feel discouraged. But hopelessness is not a strategy for making a difference and neither is acting alone. Citizens' Climate Lobby is the antidote, the missing link, the Harvard of citizen activism."
- Dr. Daniel Kammen Professor - University of California, Berkeley
"The Citizens' Climate Lobby has identified the issue of pricing carbon as a vitally important lever in promoting dialog and action on climate protection. If you've been looking for that one group to join, you can stop looking now."