Our Next International Call
March 7: Lonnie Ellis, OFS is the Associate Director of the Catholic Climate
Pope Francis will issue his encyclical dealing with climate change this year. What can we expect and what impact will it have in the Catholic community? To find out, we’ll talk to Lonnie Ellis, the Associate Director of the Catholic Climate Covenant, which emphasizes the need for Catholics to care for God’s creation and minimize the impact that climate change has on the poor.
Latest Tweets from Citizens' Climate Lobby
- The big, bad EPA isn't quite the wolf we think it to be, constituting just 0.22% of the Federal budget. http://t.co/JSaDapplnF #climate
- There isn't just an oil and gas boom these days, but an ethanol one too. http://t.co/RlX2BRvduT #climate
- Syrian conflict and #climate change related? A new paper concludes just that. http://t.co/HnxfnU27jE
- Want to fight #climate change? Register NOW for our international conference in DC! http://t.co/b1KVlnkghD
- @jessicagrahamjg Thx for following. Want to connect with our Atlanta chapter?
- Poll shows 66% of Americans feel world leaders are 'morally obligated' to fight #climate change. http://t.co/2oufsuzTe8
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby
Rep. Chris Van Holland’s bill to price carbon, the Healthy Climate and Family Security Act of 2015, opens up a much-needed dialogue on climate solutions.February 25, 2015
With the Keystone veto comes a confrontation about jobs, but if Congress is serious about creating jobs, Carbon Fee and Dividend will add millions.February 24, 2015
Sisters Judy Berlfein and Davia Rivka share about their concerns over climate change and their involvement with CCL to alleviate those concerns.February 23, 2015
What Others Are Saying
- "CCL teams with enthusiasm and excitement in the search for solutions on climate change. Its positive spirit is its DNA. I'm grateful for the thousands who are devoted to the cause and open to free enterprise answers to climate change."Bob InglisFormer Republican Congressman and Executive Director of the Energy and Enterprise Initiative
- "I support what you’re doing and believe in this. It’s interesting to see somebody who’s actually doing something. I’m glad to be on your advisory panel."George ShultzFormer Secretary of State under President Regan and current chair of the Hoover Institution’s Shultz-Stephenson Task Force on Energy Policy
- Sam Daley-HarrisFounder, RESULTS, Microcredit Summit Campaign, and the Center for Citizen Empowerment and Transformation
"With all the negative news on climate and Congress it's understandable to feel discouraged. But hopelessness is not a strategy for making a difference and neither is acting alone. Citizens' Climate Lobby is the antidote, the missing link, the Harvard of citizen activism."
- Dr. Katharine HayhoeAtmospheric Scientist and Director of the Climate Science Center at Texas Tech University
As individuals, our choices control more than a third of U.S. carbon emissions. The rest is out of our control as individuals--but not as constituents. That’s why Citizen’s Climate Lobby is so important. It gives the ordinary citizen a voice to tell our elected leaders at the city, state, and national level that we care about climate change and we want a real price on carbon.
- Dr. Daniel Kammen Professor - University of California, Berkeley
"The Citizens' Climate Lobby has identified the issue of pricing carbon as a vitally important lever in promoting dialog and action on climate protection. If you've been looking for that one group to join, you can stop looking now."
- Dr. James HansenClimate scientist and former head of the NASA Goddard Institute
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens' Climate Lobby...If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."