— What is Carbon Fee and Dividend? —
Citizens’ Climate Lobby proposes that a fee be placed on fossil fuels, based on the CO2 content of those fuels. Revenue from that fee would be returned to the public as a monthly dividend to protect households from rising costs associated with the carbon fee.
Our Next International Call
Jan. 10: David Hone, Climate Change Advisor for Shell
On our January call, we’ll discuss why businesses should embrace carbon pricing with our guest David Hone, Climate Change Advisor for Shell. He is also a board member of the International Emissions Trading Association and also the Washington-based Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES). Check out David’s blog, which includes recent posts about the COP20 meeting in Lima.
Latest Tweets from Citizens' Climate Lobby
- Editorial in @nytimes on NY #fracking ban: Gov. Cuomo Makes Sense on Fracking http://t.co/fGPcypagRL #climate
- What's missing to stop global warming? Citizens like you. Join CCL's intro call at 8 ET http://t.co/28312IoX6L #climate
- Do. Or do not. There is no try... @TomSteyer says #climate activists are like Jedi from 'Star Wars' http://t.co/fbjYfwScI8
- Let's light the world (cleanly): $16 Million For “Off Grid Electric” From SolarCity http://t.co/RmnBWYv2kA #climate #solar
- Wow! Producers may shut down over 500 rigs as oil plummets http://t.co/KKMDlgdnXi #climate #fracking via @thehill
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby
The Lima accord sets the stage for a global climate change treaty in Paris next year, and a price on carbon can ensure that emissions goals are met.December 15, 2014
After going into double overtime at the COP20 climate change conference in Lima, an agreement was reached on steps that would lead to a global climate treaty in Paris next year.December 14, 2014
Though not part of the official climate change negotiations at COP20, pricing carbon is being talked about everywhere and will be important in Paris next year.December 11, 2014
What Others Are Saying
- Sam Daley-HarrisFounder, RESULTS, Microcredit Summit Campaign, and the Center for Citizen Empowerment and Transformation
"With all the negative news on climate and Congress it's understandable to feel discouraged. But hopelessness is not a strategy for making a difference and neither is acting alone. Citizens' Climate Lobby is the antidote, the missing link, the Harvard of citizen activism."
- Dr. James HansenClimate scientist and former head of the NASA Goddard Institute
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens' Climate Lobby...If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Dr. Daniel Kammen Professor - University of California, Berkeley
"The Citizens' Climate Lobby has identified the issue of pricing carbon as a vitally important lever in promoting dialog and action on climate protection. If you've been looking for that one group to join, you can stop looking now."