Levers of Political Will
These are the five core activities that all Citizens’ Climate Lobby chapters leverage to bring citizens into the political process and to ensure their contribution is constructive and makes more good possible. We call these activities the “levers of political will.”
- Lobbying Congress: We train citizens how to lobby in support of our Carbon Fee and Dividend proposal by building friendly relationships with our federally elected representatives.
- Media relations: We train citizens how to engage with and influence the media. We write letters to the editors and op-eds, meet with editorial boards and work to place stories in all forms of media.
- Grassroots outreach: We recruit and educate the public on climate solutions, citizen advocacy and how to participate with one’s government.
- Grasstops engagement: We seek to educate, build partnerships with and gain the support of community leaders and non-governmental organizations, both nationally and locally.
- Group development & organizing: It is through the growth and management of the local CCL group/chapter, that it becomes possible to push on the other four levers for building political will.