Volunteer in Arizona
Protect the Grand Canyon State’s environment and the special place in which we live.
Local Issues in Arizona
Climate change is a top concern in Arizona. Rising temperatures have changed much of its landscapes, threatening residents and wildlife. We’re working to reduce America’s emissions — fast. Can you help? As a CCL volunteer, you’ll work with fellow concerned Arizonians to address climate change.
Volunteer for the Environment
Arizona’s natural beauty and outdoor wonder, as well as the jobs, businesses, and homes of its residents, are in danger. Every day Arizonians feel the financial repercussions of climate change and its negative impacts in their local communities. Fortunately, there’s a way to help.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) is a nonprofit and nonpartisan organization with volunteer chapters throughout Arizona. Our largest chapter is in Phoenix. We also have new chapters starting in the Tempe, Mesa, Tucson, Scottsdale, and Flagstaff areas.
We welcome all Arizonians who are serious about solving climate change. You bring your energy, and willingness to work collaboratively with others on solutions. We’ll help you turn your alarm about climate change into action – influencing real decisions locally and in Washington, D.C. that will impact Arizona’s environment.
Volunteering Opportunities in Arizona
Work locally with your group or on your own. You can put in a little time, or if you have the time and interest, can become a volunteer leader. Either way, we’ve got tools and training that will help you get there. As a volunteer, you’ll work with fellow concerned Arizonians to address climate change through activities like these:
- Lobbying Congress: We train citizens how to lobby in support of our by building friendly relationships with our federally-elected representatives. We’ll also teach you how to call and email your representatives and senators to move them forward on climate.
- Media relations: Learn to engage with and influence the media. We write letters to the editors and op-eds, meet with editorial boards, and work to place stories in all forms of media.
- Grassroots outreach: We recruit and educate the public on climate change solutions, citizen advocacy, and how to participate with one’s government.
- Chapter and volunteer development: We grow our local groups and improve our skills as environmental advocates, helping us push more effectively on the other four levers for building political will.
- Additional opportunities: Tabling events, making media presentations, and social media management.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- Meeting with Arizona Congressional leaders about climate policies that will help the state
- Writing letters to the editors and op-eds in local Arizona media
- Educating your community about climate change and legislative solutions
In support of our Volunteers, we provide:
- National staff support and connection with your local chapter. We’re in this together!
- Monthly national conference calls with expert guest speakers
- Weekly skill-building sessions
- Online network with CCL volunteers across the U.S.
- National climate change conferences
What can I do right now to help slow climate change?
Sign up to get started on volunteering for the environment with Citizens’ Climate Lobby Arizona. We’ll connect you with a group in your local community and provide you with information about the training and resources you need and the volunteer opportunities available. In addition to volunteering, you can help now by:
Want to know more?
Please join our weekly Introductory Conference Call on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET, 7 CT, 6 MT, and 5 PT. There will be opportunities to ask questions and get to know more about how we’re working toward a sustainable climate.
“It’s safe to say everyone in my general group of friends/my social circle has a fear of the world not being treated fairly. I would love to recommend this to all of those people with an issue on it so we can confront the problems together.”
-Brandon S.; Phoenix, AZ