Citizens’ Climate is at it again
Senate Democrats are negotiating the largest potential climate package in U.S. history through a process called budget reconciliation. Thanks to our efforts, the policy we have long advocated for — carbon fee and dividend — has made it into these negotiations. A price on carbon will ensure that we get to 50% emissions reductions by 2030 and avoid the most devastating consequences of climate change. But only if it gets passed.
Too often, political engagement stops at the ballot box. But at Citizens’ Climate, we’re changing that. We equip everyday people with the training and tools they need to become effective citizen lobbyists, and then mobilize to strategically move Congress on climate.
Progress we made in 2021
We build political will by securing endorsements, generating press, growing grassroots support, and engaging with our country’s highest political offices.
In the last year, Citizens’ Climate helped get:
4 pieces of bipartisan climate legislation signed into law
Through the Omnibus Bill and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
2 climate bills pass through at least one chamber of Congress
The bipartisan Growing Climate Solutions Act passed the Senate (92-8) and the Hope for Homes Act was included in the House reconciliation bill
We also jumped into action to help get a price on carbon into the budget reconciliation package by:
- Mobilizing over 168,000 calls and emails to Congress and President Biden
- Reaching over 4.5 million people in targeted states through text and phone banking, and digital advertising campaigns
- Publishing over 1,300 op-eds and letters to the editor
- Getting earned news coverage in the New York Times, Washington Post, Bloomberg News and other major media outlets
Looking ahead to 2022
We’ve made incredible progress, but we’re not across the finish line yet. To avoid the worst effects of climate change, we must ensure passage of carbon pricing and additional climate legislation. We’re doing everything in our power to make that happen.
We need to raise $1.5 million by year end. Your tax-deductible donation to 501(c)(3) Citizens’ Climate Education will help train, support, and mobilize more than 210,000+ climate-concerned citizens to effectively engage Congress and move the needle on climate policy. Funding will help us to grow and support the following programs:
Climate Education and Advocacy
Train and support volunteers to work with Congress, media, the general public, and other stakeholders
Influencers and Media Persuasion
Build support from businesses and influencers in key districts and states
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Engage and mobilize communities of color for effective climate legislation
Engage and mobilize right-of-center support for bipartisan climate legislation
Note: Citizens’ Climate Education (CCE) is the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt sister organization to Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL). Donations made to CCE are tax deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law.
How to contribute
- Donate by check. Write the check to “Citizens’ Climate Education” or “Citizens Climate Lobby,” and mail it to: 1330 Orange Ave, Suite #309, Coronado, CA 92118.
- Make a Donor Advised Fund gift. Select “Citizens’ Climate Education,” and please be sure to verify the correct EIN (26-2948811) and address.
- Make a gift of stock
- Donate cryptocurrency
- Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution
- Consider a legacy gift commitment
- Take advantage of employee matching gifts and volunteer grants
Make a donation to CCE by credit card or bank transfer
Donations made to 501(c)(3) Citizens’ Climate Education are tax deductible. You may also make a donation to 501(c)(4) Citizens’ Climate Lobby, however, please note that donations are not tax deductible.