— What is Carbon Fee and Dividend? —
Citizens’ Climate Lobby proposes that a fee be placed on fossil fuels, based on the CO2 content of those fuels. Revenue from that fee would be returned to the public as a monthly dividend to protect households from rising costs associated with the carbon fee.
Our Next International Call
Dec. 6: Allan Savory of the Savory Institute
Can we reverse desertification and sequester carbon through cattle herding? That’s the hopeful theory behind the work of our December guest, Allan Savory of the Savory Institute, who began developing his holistic management methodology in Zimbabwe in the 1980s.
Latest Tweets from Citizens' Climate Lobby
- Minnesotans: Looking for ways to adapt your home from #climate change? Here are 6!
- Scary news for China: #Climate change will slow China's progress in reducing infectious diseases http://t.co/SImzSeBvli
- Way to go Denver! City councilors supporting tough climate-change action http://t.co/XAOlIaevTL #climate
- @_Hugh_Chapman Thx for all the shout-outs, Hugh. Are you in contact with Joe Robertson, aka @poet_economist ?
- RT @PeggyNashNDP: Great meeting today w/ @citizensclimate about the urgency of action on GHG emissions. http://t.co/T4c2cji0wN #climate
Latest News from Citizens' Climate Lobby
Leading economists from the World Bank Group and IMF were briefed by REMI on CCL’s market-friendly, revenue-neutral carbon pricing proposal. Interest in Fee and Dividend is picking up in the global community.November 24, 2014
65 climate advocates gather in Ottawa this weekend for 2nd Annual CCL-Canada National Conference: ‘Carbon Fee Prosperity,’ and take their message to Parliament Monday and Tuesday.November 22, 2014
The REMI study continues to turn heads on Capitol Hill as standing-room-only crowds hear briefings in the Senate and House about CCL’s Carbon Fee and Dividend proposal.November 21, 2014
What Others Are Saying
- Sam Daley-HarrisFounder, RESULTS, Microcredit Summit Campaign, and the Center for Citizen Empowerment and Transformation
"With all the negative news on climate and Congress it's understandable to feel discouraged. But hopelessness is not a strategy for making a difference and neither is acting alone. Citizens' Climate Lobby is the antidote, the missing link, the Harvard of citizen activism."
- Dr. James HansenClimate scientist and former head of the NASA Goddard Institute
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens' Climate Lobby...If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Dr. Daniel Kammen Professor - University of California, Berkeley
"The Citizens' Climate Lobby has identified the issue of pricing carbon as a vitally important lever in promoting dialog and action on climate protection. If you've been looking for that one group to join, you can stop looking now."