We work to build the political will to solve climate change problems. Our main focus is bipartisan, national, carbon pricing legislation, which we are convinced is an effective and long-lasting way to fight climate change. We talk with neighbors, friends, community leaders, and elected officials about how national and state climate action can ensure a healthy future and strengthen the American economy. We build all our relationships from a place of respect and appreciation. We are steadfastly nonpartisan.
The October meeting of the Columbia County Chapter of Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) will be on Monday evening, October 22, at Christ Church Episcopal, Union Street and 4th Street in Hudson, from 6:00 to 8:00. (We encourage first-timers to attend a brief introduction to CCL at 5:30.)
We will be working on:
1. climate meetings with candidates
2. extended efforts at getting climate endorsements from local businesses, town boards, and officials
3. workshop on writing letters to the editor
4. efforts to help start new CCL chapters in our area
5. making calls to Washington State voters on their carbon pricing bill
We will also watch part of the CCL monthly call and share our own climate views and stories.
The world is heating up; come join our work to make a change! For more information, contact Karen Frishkoff: 518-672-7901 (moc.l1539791235iamg@1539791235ffokh1539791235sirfk1539791235)